About Magazines West
The Magazines West Conference, or MagsWest, is British Columbia’s only conference for magazine professionals. MagsWest is organized by the Magazine Association of BC in consultation with its members and the local publishing industry.
This year, MagsWest runs from Friday, March 27 to Saturday, March 28. Programming for 2020 includes:
- 1 keynote manifesto by Erin Millar of Discourse Media
- 9 seminars and panels
- 4 workshops
- 2 free Q&A sessions with funders, this year with the Canada Periodical Fund and Creative BC
- 2 experts, in social media and revenue diversity, that you can sign up to consult with on Friday and Saturday respectively
- 2 networking events (a breakfast and an after-conference social)
- A magazine display and giveaway table where delegates can trade their publications
We hope you can join us!
We make sure that all of our venues are in downtown Vancouver and close to bike lanes, train stations, other transit, and each other.
The BCIT Downtown Campus at 555 Seymour has a parking lot.
As parking in downtown Vancouver is scarce and rates can differ substantially within easy walking distance, we recommend you take transit.
If you can't you also check out Parkopedia for more parking options.
Please bring a printout or display it on your phone. We will have a list of registrants, but of course we're only human, and may have missed you. Plus you then have a list of which sessions you want to go to.
It is. Please let us know who will be claiming your ticket at the registration desk as soon as you can, preferably at least a couple of days before, but we understand last-minute changes do happen.
Sylvia Skene, executive director of the Magazine Association of BC, can be reached via email@example.com or 604-688-1175 (office).